Signatory & Institutional Officials

Documents such as Data Use Agreements (DUAs), contracts, and documents issued by federal agencies, including Certificates of Confidentiality Assurances, require the signature of an institutional official. These officials are authorized persons who can sign on behalf of Duke such as the Director of the Office of Research Support or one of his or her designated assistant directors, or the Vice President for Research.

Researchers may be asked to sign DUAs, but a Duke institutional official must also sign.

Consult with IRB staff if a signature is required from an institutional official.


Campus IRB


Campus IRB, Campus IRB Policies