Via our hotline and consultations, we can:
- Provide guidance on research processes and requirements
- Locate available services and resources, both on-campus and external
- Help find Duke faculty or staff for potential collaborations
- Arrange further consultations to help strengthen project design, translation of findings into practical application, and commercialization
- Identify funding opportunities, including federal grants, industry, and institutional opportunities
- Suggest educational and career development programs and resources
The easiest way to reach us is by emailing myRESEARCHnavigators@dm.duke.edu, or by navigating to the Research Help widget in myRESEARCHhome. We can also be reached by phone at 919-660-9172 (not recommended if you need help in a hurry).
Onboarding and Consultations
The myRESEARCHnavigators team provides 1:1 onboarding and consultation services to researchers across the institution. The consultations are mandatory for new research faculty within 90 days of hire/faculty appointment. It is also required for first-time Principal Investigators, or those non-regular rank faculty who gain PI status, on external awards.
What happens in an onboarding session? Researchers meet 1:1 with a navigator to describe their research portfolio, projects, and research goals. Our team will work to guide you through best practices, what to expect, and helpful resources.
What is the deadline for completion? New Duke researchers must complete the session within 90 days of hire. The onboarding requirement for new PIs is recommended before any proposals are submitted, and must be completed prior to processing external awards.
What topics are covered in a session? We discuss:
- Finding funding or collaborators
- Processes and resources for developing funding applications and publications
- Offices and people that can help you
- Researcher responsibilities, requirements, and training (tool here)
- Data storage, management and computing
- An overview of resources, including myRESEARCHhome and myRESEARCHpath
- Provision of tailored recommendations for resources, as well as review of key resources relevant to the researcher's discipline.
myRESEARCHnavigators are supported by the Office for Research & Innovation and through the Duke Clinical & Translational Science Award (CTSA) grant UL1TR002553.