There are three options to complete RCR training via online courses: CITI RCR program, Data Management RCR course and Research Communication RCR course (links below).
The CITI RCR online program has been divided into separate course tracks, one for Faculty and one for Staff.
- Total estimated time to complete: approximately 1.5-3 hr
- In order to receive credit, you must achieve 80% or higher on each of the required module quizzes. You will have the opportunity to re-take the quizzes and review the material as many times as necessary to achieve 80% or higher.
To enroll in the CITI RCR program:
1. Click here to Login to your Duke Health CITI account
2. Select "Add a Course" at the bottom of the page
3. Select "Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)" in order to complete the correct RCR CITI course. All Faculty and Staff take the same RCR Course regardless of whether they work with human subjects.
4. Complete the RCR course that best matches your research role and responsibilities at Duke. Note that these modules are branded Duke Health, but the content is appropriate for all Duke researchers.
Faculty - RCR Duke Course has 10 required modules.
Staff - RCR Duke Course has 6 required modules.
For more help enrolling in CITI: Download Guide: add RCR to your CITI account
The Data Management RCR online course was written to be inclusive of the biomedical sciences, social sciences, and physical sciences. The content is presented with interactive graphics, text-based activities, short videos, and discipline specific scenarios.
The RCR Data Management and Quality course includes 3 modules:
1) Research Quality and Reproducibility
2) Data Management
3) Data and Resource Sharing
The RCR Research Communication and Data Dissemination online course was written to be inclusive of the biomedical sciences, social sciences, and physical sciences. The content is presented with interactive graphics, text-based activities, short videos, and discipline specific scenarios. It was developed by Epigeum, University Oxford Press in collaboration with academic institutions.
The RCR Research Communication and Data Dissemination course includes 3 modules:
1) Authoring and Publication
2) Data and Resource Sharing
3) Wider Communication of Research