Handling or Reporting Research Misconduct

Any Duke student, faculty, or staff who has reason to believe that a researcher has committed misconduct in research should report the matter, in writing, to the researcher’s department or section chairperson, division chief, dean, or the appropriate Misconduct Review Officer (MRO). Allegations addressed to someone other than an MRO should be promptly forwarded to the appropriate MRO, who will immediately notify the provost and the vice provost (Campus) or the chancellor for health affairs and the vice chancellor for medical center academic affairs (SOM) that such an allegation has been made.


Donna Kessler, Ph.D.
Research Integrity Officer
2200 West Main Street
Suite 600A, Box 19
Durham, NC 27705